Rewriting our childhood

Following Hannah Hinchman's advice, I have begun to re-remember my childhood, recording my memories of the fields, streams, woods, and prairie land that surrounded my childhood home in rural southern Wisconsin. In between my nature memories from my Midwestern childhood, I am adding descriptions and reflections from my walks through the woods, fields, and marshes of the suburban New England town that is now my home.

I invite you to share your memories of nature from your childhood or your responses to nature as an adult in the comments.

Katy Z. Allen
January 21, 2012

Note: Unless otherwise credited, photos were taken by me.

Friday, February 17, 2012

Hidden Gifts

Another hiding place
I've discovered a totally unexpected treasure as I have been writing these nature memories. Some of them contain hidden gems, jewels of understanding. These gifts are not discernible from the words - they are visible only to my heart and mind, but treasures and gifts indeed they are. Perhaps this is what unknowingly compelled me to begin writing. 


I look forward to the possibility that additional gifts of understanding will come my way as I continue to record my memories, and I invite you to hear and pay heed to the voice within you that leads you to your personal inner treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment